Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sv...@web.de on 2002/06/12 11:54:57 UTC

OpenSA 1.0.0 - problems with SSL

Hi everybody,

Will be appreciate, if anybody can help me. So, I have the OpenSA 1.0.0 (Apache 1.3.22, mod_ssl 2.8.5-1.3.22 ), Win NT.

After the installation and configuration I can't run the apache with ssl. My httpd.conf file have:
<IfDefine SSL>
   LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine SSL>
   AddModule mod_ssl.c
</IfDefine>
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
   Listen 80
   Listen 443
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost ip.address:443>

#  General setup for the virtual host
DocumentRoot "D:/Programme/OpenSA"
ServerName ddd.ddd.ddd.de
ServerAdmin address

LogLevel debug
ErrorLog logs/error_ssl.log

</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

When I run the apache without ssl, everything is ok - I can work with http://localhost or http://ip.address or http://ddd.ddd.ddd.de
But when I start the apache with ssl (Apache.exe -D SSL), it doesn't work at all. It even doesn't make an error_ssl.log file...  What's wrong with my conf file? or... with something else?..

Thanks in advance!

Re: OpenSA 1.0.0 - problems with SSL

Posted by Lee Fellows <lf...@4lane.com>.
Are you seeing anything in error_log when using -D SSL ?

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
Hi Svet,

how about running apache from console (cmd.exe)? if you have malformed
config, apache will tell you. otherwise you should check global
error_log, though i have no idea why port 80 doesn't respond.

Also you may have problems with ssl module startup - you may try
SSLLog directive with SSLLogLevel debug and see what's up there.

Regards,
artiom

swd> Hi everybody,

swd> Will be appreciate, if anybody can help me. So, I have the OpenSA 1.0.0 (Apache 1.3.22, mod_ssl 2.8.5-1.3.22 ), Win NT.

swd> After the installation and configuration I can't run the apache with ssl. My httpd.conf file have:
swd> ...
swd> <IfDefine SSL>
swd>    LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
swd> </IfDefine>

swd> <IfDefine SSL>
swd>    AddModule mod_ssl.c
swd> </IfDefine>
swd> ...
swd> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
swd>    Listen 80
swd>    Listen 443
swd> </IfModule>
swd> ...
swd> <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
swd> ...
swd> <VirtualHost ip.address:443>

swd> #  General setup for the virtual host
swd> DocumentRoot "D:/Programme/OpenSA"
swd> ServerName ddd.ddd.ddd.de
swd> ServerAdmin address

swd> LogLevel debug
swd> ErrorLog logs/error_ssl.log

swd> ...
swd> </VirtualHost>
swd> </IfModule>

swd> When I run the apache without ssl, everything is ok - I can work with http://localhost or http://ip.address or http://ddd.ddd.ddd.de
swd> But when I start the apache with ssl (Apache.exe -D SSL), it doesn't work at all. It even doesn't make an error_ssl.log file...  What's wrong with my conf file? or... with something else?..