Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johannes Schneider <ma...@cedarsoft.com> on 2010/01/11 00:14:59 UTC

"Micro Modules"

Hi,

what do you think about "Micro Modules"?

I have several projects with common code that I want to reuse in other
projects. Of course it is much simpler to develop that libraries in few
bigger modules.
But when I want to reuse the code, I prefer very small modules with just
a few classes (often just one package).

So I have a conflict of aims.

What about a plugin that deploys the packages as very small modules?
One could configure different micro modules with includes. Maybe the
compiled classes could be analyzed to create the dependencies automatically?
Or at least to create a sample configuration that can be added to the
pom manually.

What do you think? Might this be done? Does it make sense?

Johannes