Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de> on 2009/11/14 18:52:16 UTC

wiki requirements

Hi devs,

I've just been stumbling upon the news that the OpenSolaris community
website (www.opensolaris.org) has been migrated to XWiki.

The interesting thing for us is that they've been evaluating several
wikis before their decision (JSPWiki in version 2.6.2) and documented
the results, see
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Main/site-transition-faq#HReXWiki
and linked pages.

According to
http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/view/Community+Group+web/wiki_eval_jsp
JSPWiki did meet most of the requirements. Here are the ones that aren't
met:
* C27 The software should support right-to-left layout
* C29 The software should support translation priority
* O31 Virtual server support
* O32 Localized page listing

FYI
 Florian

Re: wiki requirements

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
> Having worked at Sun I can say they have a strong requirement to be
> able to support well over 20 languages, including in particular
> Hebrew. What we might do is ask the JSPWiki community if there are
> currently any Hebrew sites, and if so, make sure we serve their
> needs adequately. That would likely cover off at that requirement.

I nominate you as our official RTL-language responsible :-)

/Janne

Re: wiki requirements

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
Janne Jalkanen wrote:

> Might be nice to make JIRA items on those.  2.8 BTW supports
> right-to-left, but you need to write it separately (with %%rtl and
> %%ltr). What kind of support do people need with these languages anyway?

Janne,

Having worked at Sun I can say they have a strong requirement to be
able to support well over 20 languages, including in particular
Hebrew. What we might do is ask the JSPWiki community if there are
currently any Hebrew sites, and if so, make sure we serve their
needs adequately. That would likely cover off at that requirement.

Murray

Murray Altheim <murray09 at altheim dot com>                       ===  = =

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record

Re: wiki requirements

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.