Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by James <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/15 18:43:14 UTC

svn: E220001: Unreadable path encountered; access denied

SVN version 1.8.10 (r1615264), in Fedora 20.

I got above error when I try to merge a trunk to branch before I apply my changes to the trunk from the branch.

I was able to check out the branch, modify the code and commit back to server and update the branch to the latest reversion. The same is for the trunk.  I actually have looked at the server, all files\folders belong to me.

The followings are what I did:
1. create a branch called b1 in the branches directory from the trunk;
2. checkout to my dev machine and make some changes by adding a new file and a new folder;
3. chechin the changes and commit;
4. do merge, and was asked to update the branch;
5. done update branch and then do merge again from my branch working directory with the command:

           $svn merge svn://192.168.0.9/myRepos/myProject/trunk
Then get above error.

My project is a Java project.

How to avoid this?

Thanks,

Re: svn: E220001: Unreadable path encountered; access denied

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
James <ol...@yahoo.com> writes:

>            $svn merge svn://192.168.0.9/myRepos/myProject/trunk
> Then get above error.

The error E220001 is SVN_ERR_AUTHZ_UNREADABLE so the failure is due to
Subversion's path-based authz rules.  The file conf/svnserve.conf in the
repository defines the authz-db file and the authz-db file is defining
rules that are responsible for the error.  If you have Subversion 1.8 on
the server then running svnserve with the --log-file option will log the
path in the repository that is generating the authz violation.

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*