Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by JohnBrown <mi...@softasap.net> on 2008/02/19 22:27:11 UTC

CMS freemarker and beabshell

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get site managed via CMS. Basically I have header, footer and
middle content as ftl templates. Naturally, there is a need for some
processing before template is rendered to prepare data for display. However
I can't seem find a way to attach respective beanshell "action" to template
defined as Data Resource in CMS system.
Questions are: is this possible to process data for templates defined in CMS
as Data Resources and if so  how I can associate respective beanshell?

Thank you in advance.

Re: CMS freemarker and beabshell

Posted by "Vince M. Clark" <vc...@globalera.com>.
Michael

Here is a long thread on this topic:
http://www.nabble.com/I-am-trying-to-display-CMS-mananaged-content-in-ecommerce-td12900397.html#a12900397

I think the limitation with using CMS is that at the very least you must have screen definitions to handle data preparation. If you could make that generic enough, then I suppose it is possible to just have your templates defined as screens (left bar, right bar, main, etc.)

When I researched this last year I did not find a way to do any pre or post processing exclusively thru CMS. That would be nice.