Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/04 18:49:47 UTC

Error posting Mesos report from email into whimsy agenda

Hi,

I went to Mesos and (post report). I copied this [1] from the email report. BTW the emailed report also showed up in the Mesos page.

I then (Reflow) the report and attempted to (Submit).

The console log:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) (post, line 0)
[Log] Exception (app.js, line 454)
#<TypeError: no implicit conversion of true into String>
[Error] TypeError: null is not an object (evaluating 'response.agenda')
	(anonymous function) (app.js:6746)
	onreadystatechange (app.js:461)

Any ideas?

Craig

[1]

Apache Mesos abstracts CPU, memory, storage, and other compute
resources away from machines (physical or virtual), enabling
fault-tolerant and elastic distributed systems to easily be built and
run effectively.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
* The project continues to see new bug reports, bug fixes, features,
 reviews and releases. The mailing lists and slack  channels are
 active with healthy discussions.

## Health report:
 - Messages in mailing list have seen a downtick but we believe it is due to more people preferring to interact over Slack.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 48 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Andrei Budnik on Mon Mar 11 2019

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 48 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Andrei Budnik at Wed Mar 06 2019

## Releases:

 - 1.8.0 was released on Wed May 01 2019
 - 1.8.1 RC got required binding votes  on July 17th 2019

## Mailing list activity:

* Subscribers to dev and user mailing lists have gone down a bit but Slack subscribers have seen a decent increase.

 - dev@mesos.apache.org:
    - 652 subscribers (down -19 in the last 3 months):

 - user@mesos.apache.org:
    - 838 subscribers (down -31 in the last 3 months):

## JIRA activity:

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Error posting Mesos report from email into whimsy agenda

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Sun, Aug 4, 2019 at 2:54 PM Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org> wrote:

> https://github.com/apache/whimsy/pull/72 :)

It turns out that that is the problem, but wasn't the right fix.  The
travis failure produced by that pull request was enough to get me to
rethink what I was trying to do with that statement.

I can confirm that all of the errors that I see in the server error
log are related to this problem, and the initial (unsuccessful)
attempts to fix it.

https://whimsy.apache.org/members/logs

Keep a watch out for new symptoms.  The recent changes were pretty
much isolated to the posting (and editing) of reports.  The logic for
approval and comments and minuting should not be affected.

- Sam Ruby

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.