Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Clarke <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/05 11:41:44 UTC

Hadoop 0.19.2 + eclipse 3.5

Hi,

I am trying to get my Eclipse Galileo 3.5 envronment working with the Hadoop
0.19.2 Eclipse plugin. I am running Windows XP.

Previously, I tried to use Hadoop 0.18.3 with this Eclipse and it partly
worked. I could browse the DFS but could not run a project because when I
clicked Run on Hadoop no dialog came up. Also, it is odd that Eclipse needs
to be launched via Cygwin for the DFS browsing to work.

So, my next attempt was to try 0.19.2 but this time it is like the plugin is
not recognized at all as there is no MapReduce perspective. I had removed
the 0.18.3 plugin and restarted.

Any help would be much appreciated,
John

Re: Hadoop 0.19.2 + eclipse 3.5

Posted by John Clarke <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Hmm that's a shame as I have my Galileo env set up nicely :/

I'll go get Europa so!

cheers

RE: Hadoop 0.19.2 + eclipse 3.5

Posted by "Puri, Aseem" <As...@Honeywell.com>.