Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Felipe Rossi <fe...@brascloud.com.br.INVALID> on 2018/09/03 17:57:26 UTC

Case of CEPH Environment Hyper-converged

Hi All,

I would like know if some one have case of CEPH + CS + KVM or other hypervisor in
environment hyper-converged using CS.

Att / Regards

Re: Case of CEPH Environment Hyper-converged

Posted by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@pcextreme.nl>.
At PCextreme we use CEPH + KVM. Ceph can perform well, but it depends on hardware, architecture, and configurations (as any technology). KVM is the same deal, it performs well and it is stable.

Just to be clear, there are many production environments running with KVM and Ceph out there; if hyper-converged fits well with your needs it sure can be applied with CloudStack + KVM + Ceph.

Regards,
Gabriel Bräscher

Posted by Eric Lee Green <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Case of CEPH Environment Hyper-converged

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
As long as your hypervisor supports the hyper-converged storage system you
want to use, you are good to go. Of course, it depends on how you are going
to introduce the storage system to the hypervisor (ACS needs to know how to
handle the blocks/volumes).

Hyper-converged systems are good because you can save money with hardware
and cooling, but it brings more complexity to your virtualization stack.
They require extra care to plan ahead upgrade paths and execute them before
you find yourself in some vendor lock-in (e.g. ScaleIO and XenServer).

--
Rafael Weingärtner