Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Cohan, Sean" <SC...@goSPS.com> on 2002/09/07 02:14:37 UTC

Two Phase ActionClass

Within my logon ActionClass, I want to check the user's user id/password and
whether they are currently logged on anywhere else.  If they are logged on
elsewhere, I want to go back to the logon page to warn them and give them a
chance to continue or to bail.  If they continue, I want to skip over the
check whether they are logged on elsewhere.  I'm struggling with how from my
logon.jsp page I can instruct the logon action to one thing one time and
another thing another time.  I was thinking maybe the ActionMapping
parameter, but I don't really know how to use it.  I'm searching.  Can
someone give me a good way to do what I'm trying to do?  Should I go to a
different ActionClass instead of trying to use the same one?

Also, I was going to return the warning to the user in ActionErrors.  Is
there a way I can poll the error from the jsp (logic tag?) and then if it's
this warning put a yes/no form on the logon page?  Or should I warn them on
a different page?  I do want other ActionErrors to display without the
yes/no form (e.g., username required.)  Thanks.