Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2017/03/09 15:11:26 UTC

[FlexJS] [Maven] [Jenkins] What's up with framework build?

Hi,

So, it seems we can’t build now ... anyone got an idea why? Anyone working on fixing that?

Chris

Re: [FlexJS] [Maven] [Jenkins] What's up with framework build?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 3/9/17, 1:25 PM, "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de> wrote:

>If it’s our stuff and we are allowed to release it, I could whip up a
>small maven project to release the files as snapshots.
>But I still don’t quite understand why we need them now. Has something
>changed in the Graphics module?
>What are these files? I’d like to understand what they are used for.

These files work with Flash to execute special visual effects.   Yishay
and Harbs want have a FlexJS version of these effects.

>Tomorrow / Like the whole last 3 weeks, I’m completely swamped. I hope to
>spare a few hours on Saturday.
>At least on Monday most of the ApacheCon / FlexJS Summit preparation
>stress should be over ;-)

Actually, maybe instead of making it a Maven dependency, we can treat it
like the externs we download.  How do you decide whether something should
be converted into a Maven artifact or just downloaded and unpacked?

Thanks,
-Alex

Re: [FlexJS] [Maven] [Jenkins] What's up with framework build?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
If it’s our stuff and we are allowed to release it, I could whip up a small maven project to release the files as snapshots.
But I still don’t quite understand why we need them now. Has something changed in the Graphics module?
What are these files? I’d like to understand what they are used for.

Tomorrow / Like the whole last 3 weeks, I’m completely swamped. I hope to spare a few hours on Saturday.
At least on Monday most of the ApacheCon / FlexJS Summit preparation stress should be over ;-)

Chris

Am 09.03.17, 22:09 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

    Are we allowed to do that? Are the pbj files our "code" or resource?

    Chris

    Von: Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>
    Datum: 09.03.17 19:41 (GMT+01:00)
    An: dev@flex.apache.org
    Betreff: Re: [FlexJS] [Maven] [Jenkins] What's up with framework build?

    Looks like Maven is reporting success, but it hasn't succeeded.  Various
    SWCs are failing to build because of errors, but the root cause seems to
    be the missing .pbj files in the Graphics.swc.

    So, I think we need to figure out how to get those pbj files in a Maven
    way.  Can we just stick the release artifacts into Maven Central manually?

    -Alex

AW: [FlexJS] [Maven] [Jenkins] What's up with framework build?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

Von: Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>
Datum: 09.03.17 19:41 (GMT+01:00)
An: dev@flex.apache.org

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.
Is it still using old falcon artifacts?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi, just see this thread, and update from repos and build all and seems
working ok
I'm a bit off due to work load, so was worried, but seems all is ok...just
fixed minutes ago? :)

> Hi Chris!
>
> I got you :) Was waiting for the proper thread in order to complain about
> something. I see after some changes in compiler (maybe) that some modules
> are failing but in general build didn't fail.
>
> Example:
> http://apacheflexbuild.cloudapp.net:8080/job/flex-
> asjs%20(maven)/161/console
>
> The second thing why this errors are happened ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pete
>

> -----
> Apache Flex PMC
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Carlos Rovira
Director General
M: +34 607 22 60 05
http://www.codeoscopic.com
http://www.avant2.es

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: [FlexJS] [Maven] [Jenkins] What's up with framework build?