Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/28 06:56:37 UTC

[DISCUSSION] REST/SOAP API break, version bumping

Hello All,

I would like to propose
1) create new branch 3.1.x based on 3.0.x
2) change version of the trunk to 4.0.0-SNAPSHOT
3) merge all API changes made in trunk to branch 3.1.x

Why I think it is good:
1) The code in trunk and branch 3.1.x will be closer (this will simplify
the development)
2) We can get rid of unsupported Axis2 in favor of CXF
3) We will get JSON REST API for free

There is one huge drawback: current SOAP API being used by plugins will be
broken

I'll fix publically available PHP API and Moodle plugin.

What do you think?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re[2]: [DISCUSSION] REST/SOAP API break, version bumping

Posted by Alexey Terekhov <de...@mail.ru>.
 +1

"There is one huge drawback: current SOAP API being used by plugins will be broken"
I think it's a  small price to pay .

Thanks!

---
С уважением, Алексей Терехов.
+7 926 076 15 20

RE: [DISCUSSION] REST/SOAP API break, version bumping

Posted by Wentao Liu <cs...@aliyun.com>.
May I ask again if the version 4.0.0 is a html5 version? I saw your guys mention this version a few times ago and want to make it clear.

Furthermore, if the answer is yes, then when should we have this version released?

Thanks,

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

刘文涛 Wentao Liu

Partner of a cloud company
Hunan Yun Zhong Man Bu Information Technology corp.Ltd
湖南云中漫步信息技术有限公司
Mobile phone: +86-13687359517

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
builds are available here
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/openmeetings/
unfortunately it is currently in "unusable" pre-alpha stage

Posted by "Jibon L. Costa" <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Jibon Lawrence Costa

Re: [DISCUSSION] REST/SOAP API break, version bumping

Posted by "Jibon L. Costa" <ji...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Regards
Jibon Lawrence Costa

RE: [DISCUSSION] REST/SOAP API break, version bumping

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vasiliy Degtyarev <va...@unipro.ru>.
Hello Maxim.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
1) it will be 3.1.0, no 3.0.7+. 3.1.0-RELEASE will have junit tests for
JSON/SOAP and will be compatible with public PHP API :)
2) Actually WebRTC will be 4.0.0, it is parallel task, we are currently
working in this direction :)

Posted by Peter Dähn <da...@vcrp.de>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Vasiliy Degtyarev <va...@unipro.ru>.