Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Adarsh Sharma <ad...@orkash.com> on 2010/08/23 12:20:42 UTC

Help in Subscribing Hadoop

Hi all,

 I want to subscribe in hadooop mailing list.Please tell me the proper
way to subscribe it.

Thanks  in advance,
Adarsh  Sharma

Re: Help in Subscribing Hadoop

Posted by Vinod KV <vi...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Ahm.. it isn't a single one-stop place for everything in hadoop.

Please see

http://hadoop.apache.org/mailing_lists.html
   for top level mailing list for hadoop and its sub-projects

For the subprojects common, mapreduce, hdfs, hive, pig etc.. you can
follow the subproject links at the top at http://hadoop.apache.org/ and
see side bar for a link to mailing lists.

Each subproject itself usually has 3 separate lists for users,
developers and for commits. It's a lot of lists, please subscribe to the
ones that interest you, you will soon be overwhelmed otherwise, in give
or take a single day!

As each of those pages will tell you, You can subscribe to a list of
name $LISTNAME by sending out an email to
"$LISTNAME-subscribe@hadoop.apache.org". Similarly

And oh, don't forget to configure mail filters/labels in your favourite
email client!

+Vinod