Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yannick Naudet <ya...@eglutek.com> on 2003/06/06 10:51:29 UTC

Problems with LogFactory !!!, urgent Help needed...

Hello all,

I need urgent Help!!!

I have the following error and after 4 hours of debugging, i did not manage to find a way to avoid it:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
 at org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.<clinit>(AdminClient.java:86)
 at com.eglutek.gateways.webservices.ServicesEngineManager.deployServices(ServicesEngineManager.java:199)
 at com.eglutek.gateways.webservices.WSGateway.start(WSGateway.java:158)
 at com.eglutek.gateways.GatewayManagerImpl.start(GatewayManagerImpl.java:228)
 at com.eglutek.molecule.Molecule.start(Molecule.java:180)
 at com.eglutek.Start.main(Start.java:12)

Caused by: org.apache.commons.discovery.DiscoveryException: No implementation defined for org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverClass.find(DiscoverClass.java:404)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverClass.newInstance(DiscoverClass.java:579)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:418)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:378)
 at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:84)
 at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:80)
 at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:72)

 ... 6 more

Here is the context:

I use Axis through the SimpleAxisServer class.
Because of my application specific packaging, i need to load each jar that is needed by Axis in a specific classLoader.
All seems to be right: all the jars are correctly managed by the classLoader, and the class that i use to make my application "communicate" with Axis classes is loaded by the same classLoader.
BUT, each time an Axis class which use a logger is used, the application breaks with the above error.
This appends at the following code line and seems to be due to the log discovery system: protected static Log log = LogFactory.getLog(AdminClient.class.getName());

If anyone knows or has an idea on how to cope with that, i would be very happy :)

Thanks.