Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> on 2008/02/16 20:00:53 UTC

Apache2::compat and Apache->request

Hi,
   As discussed at
     http://marc.info/?t=120291200200005&r=1&w=2
and pointed out by Perrin:
    http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=120301930604550&w=2
Apache2::compat doesn't provide the request method in
the Apache namespace (it's currently defined in the
Apache2::compat package). Thus, Apache->request() isn't
available. The patch I supplied:
   http://marc.info/?l=apache-modperl&m=120302251910079&w=2
moved the request method to the Apache namespace.
However, this alone is insufficient, as Apache2::compat
makes reference to Apache2::compat::request() in a
couple of places. For reasons of compatibility, would
it be better to just supply an Apache::request()
that calls Apache2::compat::request()? This is done
in the attached patch.

--
best regards,
Randy

Re: Apache2::compat and Apache->request

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Feb 16, 2008 2:00 PM, Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca> wrote:
> For reasons of compatibility, would
> it be better to just supply an Apache::request()
> that calls Apache2::compat::request()?

That sounds reasonable.  I have a couple of tests for this too,
contributed by Jim Brandt.

- Perrin