Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by mods <mo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/17 21:54:24 UTC

[testing] Emma code coverage

Hi lads,

i got interested in JVM and i started having a look at Harmony to try to get
familiar with what you are doing, the structure etc, and maybe become a
contributor :D
I've been trying to enable Emma for code coverage, and i've read in ASF
harmony JIRA that there are issues regarding classloading of instrumented
classes by the BCL.
I have apache harmony 6, pulled from svn. I saw that one of the JIRA tasks
provides a collection of buildfiles that enables intrumentation and code
coverage, but unit tests are executed through the <junit> ant task, where my
version of harmony uses <run-hdk-tests> task.

I was wondering if there has been any further evolution in enabling emma
code coverage

Thanks a million!!!

Roberto Cometti

Re: [testing] Emma code coverage

Posted by mods <mo...@gmail.com>.
On 18 January 2011 14:43, regis xu <xu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:54 AM, mods <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Which JIRA did you see? Wiki page [1] may be helpful.
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/harmony/coverageEMMA

Hi Regis,

thanks for the answer.

The JIRA ticket i was talking about is
HARMONY-564<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-564>.
I believe is a Harmony 5 related ticket, i thought it might have worked for
Harmony 6 too. The setup process gets confusing when it comes to run the
unit tests to generate the coverage files. It uses <junit> ant task, where
my build.xml files use <run-hdk-test>. I tried to mess around but nothing
worked for me.

I saw that wiki page and i read it before posting the topic to the devlist.
It explains what the problem is, and gives some links to a modified version
of EMMA and other config files to run it. Unfortunately the links are not
working for me, even after i log-in.

Thanks for your help,

let me know if you have any other advice please.

Roberto

Re: [testing] Emma code coverage

Posted by regis xu <xu...@gmail.com>.