Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org> on 2022/11/10 18:46:42 UTC

proof of concept gui, some progress

All,

  I think I finally figured out how to package multi-platform javafx
with bundled java 17 jres.  The 0.0.0-test pre-releases are available
here: https://github.com/tballison/tika-gui-v2/releases

The directions should be as simple as:
https://github.com/tballison/tika-gui-v2#getting-started

  If you get a window to pop up on your system, I declare success.  I
was able to get it to run file share to file share on Mac, Ubuntu and
Windows, but not rigorously tested.

  There's a lot more to do, but this is an important test step.

  Onwards.

       Cheers,

                Tim

Re: proof of concept gui, some progress