Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Re...@nokia.com on 2002/10/07 07:42:28 UTC

Mod_dtcl Vs. mod_tcl

Hi,
I am new to Apache-tcl and would like to know how does mod_dtcl differ from mod_tcl?
Does mod_dtcl include embedded TCL interpreter?

Thanks,
Reema.

Posted by David Brancato <Da...@Brancato.com>.
> Hi,
> I am new to Apache-tcl and would like to know how does mod_dtcl differ
> from mod_tcl?
> Does mod_dtcl include embedded TCL interpreter?
>
> Thanks,
> Reema.

mod_dtcl allows you to embed server-side TCL scripting within html while
mod_tcl allows you to write Apache modules using TCL. So, although their
names are quite similar, their respective functions are quite different. You
can read more about the TCL Apache projects at:

http://tcl.apache.org/

mod_dtcl (as well as Rivet) requires that you have TCL installed on your
system. This is the most flexible and practicable approach (in my opinion).

- David Brancato