Posted to users@marmotta.apache.org by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org> on 2013/08/22 12:48:17 UTC

Re: Marmotta starting problem

Hi,

On 31/07/13 03:31, Thang Chi Duong wrote:
> My marmotta version is 3.0.0. OS: Windows 7 64-bit. Java: 1.7.0_17.
>
> I was able to reproduce the error after deleting the JAVA_OPTS variable.
> When I run this command *catalina.bat run, *I receive the following error
> message:

> Could not reserve enough space for object heap
> Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
> Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
>
> At that moment, the task manager showed that I had 4GB RAM available.

Does not matter how much physical memory your machine has, by default
the JVM will allocate only 4MB for heap, I think, which wouldn't be
enough for running Marmotta. So it's important to properly configure
those aspects, as it's described at:

http://marmotta.incubator.apache.org/installation.html#war

You can find some more information at:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E15523_01/web.1111/e13814/jvm_tuning.htm