Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Vincent Finn <vf...@mvt.ie> on 2000/12/12 16:34:04 UTC

DOM_NodeList problem in C++

Hi,

I am having trouble with the DOM_NodeList and the DOM_Document

I have a local DOM_Document in a function
I call the function and return the DOM_NodeList

The problem is that as soon as the DOM_Document goes out of scope
the DOM_NodeList is useless

I asume that the DOM_NodeList is simply a list of pointers
into the data in the DOM_Document since this would explain the problem

Is there any way of getting the DOM_NodeList (or another data type)
properly as persistant data like you can with the DOM_Node

Currently I am having to do it by getting the DOM_NodeList
and then filling a vector of DOM_Nodes which is messy

	Vin

"Seeing the wonder of the universe is as simple as looking
through the eyes of a child. But catching a child and
removing their eyes -- now *that's* the hard part."
     - Charles Gulledge