Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com> on 1996/07/30 00:57:16 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache/src CHANGES Configuration.tmpl Makefile.tmpl README

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Jim Jagielski wrote:

>   + # Apache requires a POSIX regex implementation. Some/most platforms provide
>   + # this capability, but for those that don't, Apache provides, simply for
>   + # convenience, a regex implementation. The regex code is NOT official
>   + # Apache code and the Apache team does not support or guarantee the code.
>   + # If you want to use the supplied regex package, uncomment the following
>   + # line (or set it equal to the regex lib on your system)
>   + #REGLIBS=regex/libregex.a

a) Any code we ship is "official" Apache code. We don't support or
guarnatee *any* of our code. That warning seems harsh.

b) I'd much perfer that the default be to use regex/libregex.a, with
wording such as "If your system has a working regular expression library,
we reccomend you comment out the line below."

>   +
>   +       RLIMIT_CPU:
>   +       RLIMIT_DATA:
>   +       RLIMIT_VMEM:
>   +       RLIMIT_NPROC:
>   +        Use the getrlimit/setrlimit calls to adjust/set the rlimit values
>   +        for the specified limits.

These aren't really Apache defines. They're system defines. If you're
going to add these, you much at well add:

NULL: Location of the null pointer.

and so forth and so on. It's not something that we set in conf.h, or
something an autoconf would set.

-- Alexei Kosut <ak...@organic.com>            The Apache HTTP Server