Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by James Higginbotham <ja...@jxtapose.org> on 2001/11/30 03:54:34 UTC

Portlet jars

Is it possible to be able to jar a portlet and its supporting classes, ala a
.war paradigm, and deploy them under a directory in Jetspeed? I haven't seen
any docs on this, but was curious how dynamic your portlet components could
be. If not, would this be something anyone would be interested in, so that
others could share portlets with little hassle and maybe enough dynamic
deployment.

James

Re: Portlet jars

Posted by James Higginbotham <ja...@jxtapose.org>.
Great, thanks for the info! I'm not sure how much time I will have to devote
to this, as I am a newcomer to Jetspeed as it is. However, it seems that a
project like JBoss or Tomcat would have a nice classloader already built to
do this. JBoss for EJBs and Tomcat for JSPs. Anyway, If this isn't on the
Jetspeed task list, could it be added by someone to capture it, with a low
priority or something? Maybe someone else will come along and write it if I
don't have the chance..

Thanks for the info!
James

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>