Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Eric Bastarache <er...@hotmail.com> on 2016/09/04 18:46:35 UTC

Help Wanted

To whom it may concern,
My name is Eric Bastarache and I have experience in both web design and development, and I am interested in contributing to improving the look of the website(s) for OpenOffice. I was hoping I could help contribute with web design/development and possibly with helping existing users.

RE: Help Wanted

Posted by Eric Bastarache <er...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, I'm prepared to work with the constraints you mentioned. My experience with more modern web systems consists of following:
PHP (with frameworks such as Laravel and Yii)MySQLMongoDBAngularJSNodeJSjQueryJavaScriptBoostrap CSSLess CSS pre-processor
Regards,
Eric

Re: Help Wanted

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: Help Wanted

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Eric Bastarache wrote:
> My name is Eric Bastarache and I have experience in both web design and development, and I am interested in contributing to improving the look of the website(s) for OpenOffice.

Welcome! Both the web and the code areas of OpenOffice require a bit of
patience; we can guide you through all details (probably Marcus, who is
the most prolific contributor to the website, will step in) but I'll
give you some basic information on how the OpenOffice site differs from
an ordinary site.

First, it's all static HTML and markdown. Yes, no CMS, no preprocessing,
no PHP, nothing. We do have some limited preprocessing in the form of
server-side includes for some common DIVs, but that's all. JavaScript is
[...]

   Andrea.