Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Sim IJskes - QCG <si...@qcg.nl> on 2010/11/01 21:25:49 UTC

revising build logic

On 11/01/2010 09:15 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> On 01-11-10 01:39, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>>> Can we make qa a separate build, and just use jar files from the main
>>> build as libraries?
>>
>> I was thinking about a qabuild with an optional setting to build the
>> trunk. We could easily instead of recompiling the source, copy the
>> binaries from the last snapshot. Maybe we would have some directory
>> layout stuff to sort. But it doesn't look difficult to me.
>
> I like the sound of that.

We could have a look at the complete build pipeline. We could let the QA
build produce the daily snapshots, and have the river-trunk as our main
ci build. No daily snapshot if qa fails. The ci-build we could tune to
producing as much warnings as possible and let code quality plugins
produce reports, and not minding about the produced artifacts.

Gr. Sim