Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by KRIS MUSSHORN <mu...@comcast.net> on 2016/09/09 18:20:40 UTC

nutch crawl everything

Executing this does NOT index everything in and under seed.txt.

./bin/crawl -i -D solr.server.url=http://localhost:8983/solr/TEST_CORE urls/ crawl -1

I have to run it multiple times to get all content.

Is it possible related to this setting in nutch-site.xml?

<property>
<name>db.max.outlinks.per.page</name>
<value>-1</value>
<description>
allow unlimited outlinks with -1
</description>
</property>

Thx,

Kris

Re: nutch crawl everything

Posted by BlackIce <bl...@gmail.com>.
You will need to run Nutch several times in order to fetch everything.

If you have one URL in your seed.txt, it will only index ONE page/file ie:
Index.html of that URL - then process this page and add all links it finds
in index.html to the database. On the next run it will then fetch the links
it found in the first run, on the 3rd run it will fetch the links it found
on the 2nd run and so forth...

Have a great weekend everyone !

Re: nutch crawl everything

Posted by Comcast <mu...@comcast.net>.