Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Remy Blaettler <rb...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/05 19:10:52 UTC

XSLTC Translets using normal Document instead of DOM

Hello
I'm using XSLCT Translets. Unfortunately I can only use XML documents in
file or string form to feed the Translets. Since I already have the xml in
org.w3c.dom.Document format, I would rather use that. So I can save the
Document - String - DOM conversion. I get the String or the Document from
the oracle.xml.sql.query.OracleXMLQuery class.
Is there a way to directly feed the Translet with a Document without the
detour over the string?

Thanks a lot

Remy Blaettler (UBS Warburg CRM Team)

Re: XSLTC Translets using normal Document instead of DOM

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@sun.com>.
Remy,

 Yes, you can pass a DOMSource. Unfortunately, it will be converted into an
internal DOM representation (XSLTC does not work directly on a W3C DOM).
Thus, it is not necessarily faster than passing a string.

-- Santiago

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.