Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "W.P." <wp...@yahoo.com> on 2016/01/21 15:33:02 UTC

failover with vm connection.

Hi,

I am new to ActiveMQ.  I am looking at the feature for client auto reconnect
which requires us to specify failover to the connection url.  Is it possible
to use it with vm?  I tried but I had got error running the queue.  Thanks
for your help.

Re: failover with vm connection.

Posted by "W.P." <wp...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for your help, Tim.  Got so buried in the snow the past few days.
Here is the error I got when I prepend failover to the connectionUrl:

2016-01-26 11:17:32 WARN  FailoverTransport:1119 - Failed to connect to
[vm://localhost?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=0] after: 10 attempt(s)
continuing to retry.

Here is the connectionUrl:

"failover:vm://brokerUrl?jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=$prefetchLimit"

Thanks again.

Re: failover with vm connection.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Although I haven't done it myself, I don't believe that the failover
transport would care what transport types are used for the child URIs.  So
if you're getting errors, I suspect it's something else, and I'd recommend
you post those errors if you're hoping someone might help you to resolve
them.

Tim