Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by James Lacey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/22 18:37:05 UTC

Vala

I have extended the Thrift compiler and c_glib library to support Vala.
There is still a lot of work to do before it would be ready for a PR, but I
have the tutorial client and server interacting with other languages'
implementation of the tutorial. If anyone is interested, I need some help
with autotools and nuances of Vala and GLib. It would also be good to get a
second opinion on some of my implementation decisions. Vala has some
oddities that made it kind of hard to map onto Thrift. There may be more
elegant solutions out there than what I came up with. If not, while I would
hate for the work to go to waste, I think I have taken it about as far as I
can by myself.

Thanks,
James