Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian McGovern <bm...@imediainc.com> on 2005/02/16 16:39:52 UTC

[OT] RE: Calling a datasource

Thanks for the reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Weber [mailto:erikweber@mindspring.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 16, 2005 10:34 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Calling a datasource

The resource-ref element in your web.xml file decouples the web app from
the actual resource name (it gets mapped to whatever is specified in
your server-specific JNDI configuration). As far as I know, you'll still
need to hard-wire your app to whatever is in web.xml, but at least this
way you are not hard-wiring it to a specific JNDI server's resource name.

Erik