Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM> on 2008/04/25 11:05:02 UTC

"invalid LOC header" error during bnd execution

Hi,

While using maven-bundle-plugin, fairly regularly I see an error
(details given below) emitted by bnd. The jar file it complains about is
not fixed. Upon subsequent attempt, the error either disappears or it
complains about a different jar file. I am not  the only person in my
team who is facing this weired problem. Has anyone else experienced such
a problem? Is there a work around or a solution? It appears to be a
problem in bnd. I will definitely report to bnd folks, but I thought of
checking with the large bnd user base that exists in this community. Who
knows, may be it is a problem that only happens when bnd runs inside
maven? I run maven with -Xmx=512m, so there is sufficient memory for the
program to execute.

[INFO] [bundle:bundle {execution: osgi-bundle}]
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] jzentry == 0,
 jzfile = 146415400,
 total = 8,
 name =
/space/ss141213/WS/gf/v3.tp2/javaee-api/javax.xml.soap/target/javax.xml.soap-10.0-tp-2-SNAPSHOT.jar,
 i = 2,
 message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.InternalError: jzentry == 0,
 jzfile = 146415400,
 total = 8,
 name =
/space/ss141213/WS/gf/v3.tp2/javaee-api/javax.xml.soap/target/javax.xml.soap-10.0-tp-2-SNAPSHOT.jar,
 i = 2,
 message = invalid LOC header (bad signature)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement(ZipFile.java:429)
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile$3.nextElement(ZipFile.java:415)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.ZipResource.build(ZipResource.java:41)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.ZipResource.build(ZipResource.java:32)
        at aQute.lib.osgi.Jar.<init>(Jar.java:35)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.getClasspath(BundlePlugin.java:676)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:227)
        at
org.apache.felix.bundleplugin.BundlePlugin.execute(BundlePlugin.java:218)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:443)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
        at
        at
        at
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 minute 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Apr 25 14:26:29 IST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 24M/43M
[INFO]

Re: "invalid LOC header" error during bnd execution

Posted by Sahoo <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
Stuart McCulloch wrote:
> 2008/4/25 Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com>:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> While using maven-bundle-plugin, fairly regularly I see an error (details
>> given below) emitted by bnd. The jar file it complains about is not fixed.
>> Upon subsequent attempt, the error either disappears or it complains about a
>> different jar file. I am not  the only person in my team who is facing this
>> weired problem. Has anyone else experienced such a problem? Is there a work
>> around or a solution? It appears to be a problem in bnd. I will definitely
>> report to bnd folks, but I thought of checking with the large bnd user base
>> that exists in this community. Who knows, may be it is a problem that only
>> happens when bnd runs inside maven? I run maven with -Xmx=512m, so there is
>> sufficient memory for the program to execute.
>>

> Hi Sahoo,
>
> I haven't seen this myself - looks more like a corrupted jarfile rather
> than an OOM*, are the jars located on a local or remote filesystem?
> Also could other people be updating these jars while you're doing
> the build?
>
> you might want to try the latest 1.4.1 snapshot which I just deployed,
> as it contains a couple of fixes to make Bnd more memory efficient.
>
> * actually it might be a native OOM as the inflaters/deflaters use
>   native memory - so you might want to monitor the process size
>   using an OS tool, just in case...
>
> HTH

The jars located in local file system. Thy are not corrupted - I can use
jar tool to view them. No other process is updating the jars except the
mvn command that I run. I will try with 1.4.1 snapshot.

Thanks,
Sahoo

Re: "invalid LOC header" error during bnd execution

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
2008/4/25 Sahoo <Sa...@sun.com>:

> [...]

>       at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
>       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
>       at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
>       at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:280)
>       at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>       at
>       at
>       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>       at
>       at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
>       at
>       at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Total time: 1 minute 1 second
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Apr 25 14:26:29 IST 2008

Cheers, Stuart