Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Graham Reeds <gr...@omnieng.co.uk> on 2003/06/05 11:55:08 UTC

Tomcat bug? WinXp, IE6, Tomcat 4.1.24, JSPTags

I dunno if this is the correct mailing since I have only just joined, but...

I am using Tomcat 4.1.24, the JDK 1.3.1.08.  Unfortunately I can't change
the version numbers since our client is using this version.

I am new to Java and currently feeling my way round JSP Tags and the found
what I believe is a bug.  I have a very simple tag called name in my tld xml
file.

Ergo the getter and setter code is: getName() and setName();

Change the tag name to pageTitle you'd expect the getter and setter to be
getPageTitle() and setPageTitle().  This compiles fine but running it in my
browser (IE6) causes an 'org.apache.jasper.JasperException' to fire.  Change
the getter and setter to getpageTitle(), etc. and it works fine.

I would of assumed that it changed 'name' to a capital it would
automatically change the first letter of 'pageTitle' to capitals.  Is this
standard behaviour?

--

Graham Reeds,
grahamr@omnieng.co.uk | http://omnieng.co.uk

Re: Tomcat bug? WinXp, IE6, Tomcat 4.1.24, JSPTags