Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Amine Bousta <ab...@lxsolutions.com> on 2003/11/03 13:08:31 UTC

Casting types width jdbc2xml

Hello

I'm using torque 3.1 and Mysql
I have a SQL file and I want to generate om classes.
I didn't succeed in using sql2xml so I imported my sql file in my db and I'm
trying now to use jdbc2xml to generate the xml schema.

First issue :
Columns of type "DateTime" are converted into a "Timestamp" type in the xml
schema.
Is there a way to keep the type unchanged for Datetime columns?

Secondly :
When I have an "Integer" column, it converts me to "Integer" in the xml
file.
But when I generate om classes, java fields are "int" instead of
"java.lang.Integer". It's a problem for me when I want to set a null value.
Is there a way to either :
1. During the jdbc->xml conversion, force torque to write "type=Integer
javaType=java.lang.Integer" instead of "type=Integer" only
OR
2. During the xml->om conversion, force torque to write "Integer" by default
instead of "int" for Integer column types.

Thank you

Amine