Posted to dev@click.apache.org by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/18 13:36:47 UTC

Click 2.1.0 release date?

Hi All,

What do people think about targeting the end of May as the release
date for Apache Click 2.1.0 ?

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: ClickIDE release

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naoki,

Yes that document outlines my current understanding of Apache releases.

I think we should push out ClickIDE after Click 2.1.0.

In the meantime you could setup your OpenGPG public/private key as
outlined here[1].

Feel free to contact me offline if you have any questions regarding
these steps.

kind regards

bob

[1]:
http://incubator.apache.org/click/docs/developer-guide/releasing.html#prerequisites

Re: ClickIDE release

Posted by Naoki Takezoe <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

ClickIDE release

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.

--
http://incubator.apache.org/click/

Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes I was a bit surprised by the response too. I think we will get
there we just need to raise the profile.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.
> I think the explicit concern about the community was a desire for more
> committers.   Click has contributions from a variety of people, but
> needs more people contributing regularly to provide assurances of the
> longevity desired at Apache.
That supposition looks also strange to me :) :
If I compare the SVN check-in logs of Click (even starting from click
0.6 - so a good few years ago) - it's more constant and high than that
of many Apache projects.

The backward compatibility level trumps too :).
(e.g. concurrent frameworks like to rewrite from scratch entire new
releases - of course in an incompatible manner :). Book publishers might
be charmed by this strategy, user's however aren't :) ).

> I think frequent releases (..) can only help.
I guess there might be a misunderstanding  here too :) :
- the quality of Click trunk code is higher than that of most projects'
RC release quality. Of course, the "disadvantage" of this is that the
issue tracker has a very low "bug traffic" level :). Again, this used to
be a "plus" :).

Adrian.

Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
I think the explicit concern about the community was a desire for more
committers.   Click has contributions from a variety of people, but
needs more people contributing regularly to provide assurances of the
longevity desired at Apache.

It does seem a little paradoxical.  Is there a need for a few rough
edges to irritate users enough to get more involved?  That's how I
came on board Velocity :-)

I think frequent releases (and articles - great idea!) can only help.
Plus a little time.

WILL

Re: Click 2.1.0 release date?

Posted by "Adrian A." <a....@gmail.com>.