Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by us...@mithi.com on 2002/05/07 10:37:36 UTC

tomcat4 apache mod_jk : problem in setup

I am refering packages and text from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/rpms/

and I did setup of tomcat4 and apache, I can see servlets using tomcat4's web
 server but after putting mod_jk connector when I restart httpd ( i.e apache ) I get
 following error.

**********************
[root@localhost conf]# /etc/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd: [Tue May  7 13:48:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO /usr/lib/apache/mod
_jk.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please re
compile it with -DEAPI)
[  OK  ]
*********************
and It's not working.
I have searched on the web for same errors and solutions, but could not get any.

Please tell me if anyone has got tomcat4 working with mod_jk connector. If so please give me details like
- from where to download packages
- where to find the steps to follow for this

Or do I need to recompile mod_jk.so to get it working?

thanks
Amol

Email in Indian languages.
This mail has been sent to you from http://mithi.com.

Re: tomcat4 apache mod_jk : problem in setup

Posted by Bernd Koecke <bk...@schlund.de>.
Hi,

this is a problem with the build.xml scripts. I had the same problem, too. Your
apache seems to be compiled with -EAPI, e.g. for mod_ssl. I don't know if there
is a compiled dso with EAPI enabled. I build the connectors on my own with cvs
repository from jakarta-tomcat-connectors. You find infos in the doc directory
of thsi package. When you want to use mod_jk form jk1 in directory jk/native,
adding the line

<def name="EAPI" if="apache13.home"/>

in the platform specific tags of the apache13 target of file
/jk/native/build.xml will build a mod_jk.so which uses EAPI.

Bernd

userlist@mithi.com wrote:
> I am refering packages and text from
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.3/rpms/
>
> and I did setup of tomcat4 and apache, I can see servlets using tomcat4's web
>  server but after putting mod_jk connector when I restart httpd ( i.e apache ) I get
>  following error.
>
> **********************
> [root@localhost conf]# /etc/init.d/httpd start
> Starting httpd: [Tue May  7 13:48:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO /usr/lib/apache/mod
> _jk.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please re
> compile it with -DEAPI)
> [  OK  ]
> *********************
> and It's not working.
> I have searched on the web for same errors and solutions, but could not get any.
>
> Please tell me if anyone has got tomcat4 working with mod_jk connector. If so please give me details like
> - from where to download packages
> - where to find the steps to follow for this
>
> Or do I need to recompile mod_jk.so to get it working?
>
> thanks
> Amol

Dipl.-Inform. Bernd Koecke
UNIX-Entwicklung