Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jay Glanville <di...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2000/08/14 15:12:42 UTC

Any way to log information other then through the command line?

Is there any way to capture logging information, or task output, through a
way other then the command line option?

For example, I want to run the javac task.  I want to capture the output of
this build target in a file -- JUST the javac task, not the ant output.  The
reason for this is because I then want to do something within this target to
that output.  The actions to be performed on this information could be many.
For example, e-mail the compiler log to a loadbuilder (in the case of an
automated loadbuild process).  Or, to move the log file to an HTML area,
showing the status of various loadbuild projects.

I personally see this to be a useful thing for all tasks, but most useful
for things like the build (javac) and run (java) tasks.

Is this available?  Is this a future intention?

-----
Jay Dickon Glanville
P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks
613-765-1144 (ESN 395-1144)
MS: 045/55/A05
E-Mail: dickon@nortelnetworks.com

RE: Any way to log information other then through the command line?

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Jay,

You can write your own listener to capture information from a specific task
and then add that listener to ant. Read the section on "Build Events" in the
ant documentation. If you have any questions, give me a yell.

Conor