Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by mohan kumar Muddana <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/19 16:14:40 UTC

Few Design diagrams

Hi All,
This is my first mail to the group. I am Mohan Kumar Muddana from Atos
Canopy BDaAP team. Following the group since around 2-3 months now.

So, far it has been exciting to pull the code from github and just browse
some excellent code.

Wished to put down few diagrams after dwelling deep into the code and
understand the flows. This is just a draft version of brooklyn server
launch sequence diagram, and the other is more of high level activities and
related classes involved. This is for me to remember as well let others
from my team to understand in depth. Maybe, for all others who are using
this tool.

Looking forward to get some feedback. As I am planning to prepare few more
diagrams for Catalog management and Application management.

And all the best to the whole team for the new Apache release planned.

Thanks and regards
Mohan

Re: Few Design diagrams

Posted by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Mohan-

These look good.  The activities diagram in particular is a good
overview of how Brooklyn's ongoing management works.

Would you contribute these to our dev guide?

Example:
     https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/v/latest/dev/index.html
Code:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/tree/master/docs/guide/dev
Contributing:
https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/community/how-to-contribute-docs.html

Or if you don't have bandwidth maybe you could just add a link to your
repo in "other-docs.md" ?

Best
Alex

message after it was sent.

Re: Few Design diagrams

Posted by mohan kumar Muddana <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Few Design diagrams

Posted by mohan kumar Muddana <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Few Design diagrams

Posted by mohan kumar Muddana <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Few Design diagrams

Posted by mohan kumar Muddana <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Few Design diagrams

Posted by Valentin Aitken <va...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Hi Moham,

Unfortunately you cannot upload files to Apache mailing lists.
https://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html

Please send a permanent link to your diagrams or open an Issue in the
Issue tracking system <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BROOKLYN>

Kind regards,
Valentin!

On 06/19/2015 05:27 PM, mohan kumar Muddana wrote:
> Thanks Aled, those are visio converted to pdfs and are as attachments.
> On Jun 19, 2015 7:51 PM, "Aled Sage" <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mohan,
>>
>> Thanks for this, and for the complimentary words!
>>
>> I don't see attachments on your e-mail - should the diagrams you mentioned
>> be visible as attachments?
>>
>> Really looking forward to seeing those. We could certainly do with more
>> diagrams that illustrate sequence, architecture, etc!
>>
>> Aled
>>

>> On 19/06/2015 15:14, mohan kumar Muddana wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> This is my first mail to the group. I am Mohan Kumar Muddana from Atos
>>> Canopy BDaAP team. Following the group since around 2-3 months now.
>>>
>>> So, far it has been exciting to pull the code from github and just browse
>>> some excellent code.
>>>
>>> Wished to put down few diagrams after dwelling deep into the code and
>>> understand the flows. This is just a draft version of brooklyn server
>>> launch sequence diagram, and the other is more of high level activities and
>>> related classes involved. This is for me to remember as well let others
>>> from my team to understand in depth. Maybe, for all others who are using
>>> this tool.
>>>
>>> Looking forward to get some feedback. As I am planning to prepare few
>>> more diagrams for Catalog management and Application management.
>>>
>>> And all the best to the whole team for the new Apache release planned.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards
>>> Mohan

message after it was sent.

Re: Few Design diagrams