Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Yuzhen Fan <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/07 13:08:01 UTC

[QA][Test Report] Weekly Status Update as of 20130607

Hi All,

We continue doing the AOO 4.0 Full Regression test this week, here is the
weekly update (6/3 - 6/7), please find more detail statistics in wiki:
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/Report/WeeklyReport/20130607

*Test execution: *
We have assigned 1732 text executions to about 20 volunteers, and completed
about 62% in execution (1072 test execution done). We have exceed the
target a little bit more which is to %100 attempted 1000 test executions
before June 6. Next, we will retest the failed/blocked test executions as
the defects get fixed

*Defect summary:*
1. 46 defects are opened and 24 defects are resolved this week, so we have
18 (46-24) net new defects added in the backlog
2. Expose 1 Redhat specific defect during quick testing on RHEL with 64-bit
Java, Bug 122485 ([Crash]OOO crash when apply animation for table/chart
object) need to set priority as it makes OOO crash

*Issues & quality highlight:*
1. We achieve the execution goal as planned on June 6, the pass rate is 90%
2. Test results on Redhat have been updated from local to Testlink, combine
the general use testing to give assessment on this platform - overall is
good
3. Do general use testing on Redhat for assessment - one crash issue, need
set priority for it
1. Bug 122485 - [Crash]OOO crash when apply animation for table/chart object
4. Initiate the triage of bugs for AOO 4.0.0 release blockers
5. QAs are reminded to make sure to switch to the new snapshot
build(contains stlport change) for testing

*Volunteer status: *
1. We have 1 more volunteer joining test executions
2. No new volunteer(total 6 so far) on defect work, the progress on
confirming defects are low, need more to clean backlog of unconfirmed and
resolved defects

*Plan for next week:*
1. Do testing of upgrading/updating a former AOO/OOo's versions
2. Start acceptance testing on stlport change on Win7/Mac/RHEL/Ubuntu
platforms
3. Work with development to prioritize critical defects as 4.0.0 release
blockers and assign them to Dev volunteers
4. Retest the failed/blocked test executions as the defects get fixed

Thanks you all for your effort this week, it is a great community here, we
finally achieve the execution target on full regression testing!!

Regards,
Yu Zhen