Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by himanshu Chauhan <hi...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/08 03:36:04 UTC

Need help on Jackrabbit

Hello Team,

Greetings !!!!

We are planning to migrate around 16 TB of documents (PDF/doc) from Oracle
to DMS.

We are new to Jackrabbit. Can you please help me with the below doubts.

- Is Jackrabbit able to handle 16 TB of documents ?
- Is there any commercial support available for Jackrabbit ?

Thanks,
Himanshu

Re: Need help on Jackrabbit

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi Himanshu,

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 2:41 AM himanshu Chauhan
<hi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> Greetings !!!!
>
> We are planning to migrate around 16 TB of documents (PDF/doc) from Oracle
> to DMS.
>
> We are new to Jackrabbit. Can you please help me with the below doubts.
>
> - Is Jackrabbit able to handle 16 TB of documents ?

I think so. Here's my shameless plug:
- https://woonsanko.blogspot.com/2016/08/cant-we-store-huge-amount-of-binary.html

The blog article was about the existing DataStore [1] solutions on
Jackrabbit2, but OAK has the same or better concept with BlobStore
[2], too. Anyway, both can help you remove the doubts.

> - Is there any commercial support available for Jackrabbit ?

See the "Available implementations" section [3].

Regards,

Woonsan

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore
[2] https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/plugins/blobstore.html