Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Henri Dupre <he...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/23 18:26:14 UTC

Re: Tapestry will be the Sony Betamax? JSF the VHS? Strategy?

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:58:02 -0500, kranga <kr...@k2d2.org> wrote:
> I said it before and people disagreed, but I'll say it again - "Components
> are key" followed by good documentation and articles. The focus on Tapestry
> 3.1 is not going to help make Tapestry more popular. It only makes it "seem"
> more complicated.

I do agree on this one. Simple word applications may be easier in 3.1
but as soon as you need to integrate other frameworks (such as
Spring), you have to dig into the Engine and other components. I'm not
sure that Hivemind is going to make it easier.
On the other hand, documentation and support are good... even if the
steps are complex I think any beginner can do copy paste to get
started.

Henri.