Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/27 19:14:50 UTC

Apache Roller has graduated!

The ASF board meeting minutes [1] have not been posted, but Henri
commented on my blog [2] that the Apache Roller graduation resolution
has passed. And on IM he says we can announce this at any time, so
here goes...

Apache Roller has graduated! Congratulations to all. We're now a
top-level Apache project, and it's all due to you folks -- the
committers, contributors and friends of Apache Roller. Thanks to
everyone involved.

I'm going to remove the incubation wording from Apache Roller 3.1 RC4
before I release it (possibly today, probably tomorrow). We've also
got a bunch of post-graduation things that need to be done like:

- Move JIRA issues into Apache's JIRA instance
- Move SVN from Incubator area to proper location
- Continue wiki migration
- Make the website rock
- Do a press release

Volunteers are welcome.

The official post-graduation check list is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Post-Graduation+Check+List

- Dave

[1] http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
[2] http://rollerweblogger.org/roller/entry/status_cc_world9

Re: Apache Roller has graduated!

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
Congrats.  This is very cool to see.

- James

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 3/2/07, xin wu <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Congratulations! I wonder that when will the javadoc api of current
> stable roller be available. I try to genertate it many times but
> always failed. Any help will be appreciated.

Javadoc generation works in trunk now.

I had to work-around this bug, which still exists in Java 5:

- Dave

Re: Apache Roller has graduated!

Posted by xin wu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--

                                    Best regards,
                                          Xin

Re: Apache Roller has graduated!

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
You need to file a JIRA asking Infra to set it up. Someone with root
needs to create the directory, setup the rsync (that might be
automatic) and create the unix group based on your committer list.

The docs are a bit confusing for this. Ignore them
(http://www.apache.org/dev/project-creation.html).

Changing them is on my TODO, when I spent time doing it last time I
ended up cleaning things up to the point where I felt I could then
work on that page. So maybe next time.

Create an issue in JIRA (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA)
with a component of TLP Admin. Copy this Tiles one:

Remember the user list too.

Hen

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Henri and/or Noel,

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
One important note, before we make an official announcement we should
put the TLP site in place at roller.apache.org. Once that's done, I'd
like to work on getting a press release out.

- Dave