Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2014/03/19 16:36:51 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1554300 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES include/ap_mmn.h include/ap_regex.h include/http_core.h modules/proxy/mod_proxy.c modules/proxy/mod_proxy.h server/core.c server/request.c server/util_pcre.c

As I understand it, we require PCRE_DUPNAMES functionality, right?
So I think we need to check for it at configure/build time
and bail if it isn't available.

The configure part is done in

	http://svn.apache.org/r1579259

Posted by Ruediger Pluem <rp...@apache.org>.

Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Just looking for verification here ;)

No worries.

> Thx!
> On Mar 19, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> As noted, from how I understand it, currently we allow it to
>> build BUT the behavior is not as expected or designed, since
>> the expected behavior *requires* PCRE_DUPNAMES. If we require
>> PCRE_DUPNAMES then we require it, right?

Correct. As far as I remember Grahams proposal was to put the different behaviors in the documentation
as the behavior only differs in specific cases (same capture name used more then once). So IMHO the feature still
makes sense even without PCRE_DUPNAMES available.
To be honest that documentation part somehow felt through the cracks :-).

Regards

Rüdiger

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.