Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/04/09 01:54:09 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Update of "Transaction model use cases" by DeanLandolt

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DeanLandolt:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Transaction_model_use_cases

The comment on the change is:
the DVCS option

  Real world use cases are desired, with enough details as to explain why the transactions might be necessary, the consequences of not having it, etc. Then we can examine the use cases and see if the current CouchDB models can work, or if CouchDB is really appropriate, or if we need new transaction models to support the use cases.

+
+ DVCS: I may as well throw this one out there -- it seems like an obvious use case for a document-oriented db in general and Couch in particular. Given the constant arguments over the available choices there's clearly no _winner_ yet, so what the hell -- why not in Couch? The only way I can imagine an implementation with the current transaction semantics is to keep each branch as a document and drop docs in as attachments, but this is probably less than optimal. Correct me if I'm wrong.
+