Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "anujacharya11 ." <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/24 04:18:01 UTC

Getting errors while starting DataStax Cassandra enterprise service

I had installed DataStax Enterprise Cassandra on my Ubuntu Linux Desktop
which is having Oracle/Sun JDK1.8.x. Setup JAVA_HOME correctly but when i
am trying to start the service dse-i am getting this error:

I have setup JAVA_HOME in .bashrc and setup the path also.
Even after that i am getting this error:
root@anuj-700-430qe:/usr/share/dse/bin# sudo service dse start
log_daemon_msg is a shell function
Java executable not found (hint: set JAVA_HOME)
root@anuj-700-430qe:/usr/share/dse/bin#

why so?

root@anuj-700-430qe:/usr/share/dse/bin# echo $JAVA_HOME
/jdk1.8.0_25
root@anuj-700-430qe:/usr/share/dse/bin# sudo service dse start
log_daemon_msg is a shell function
Java executable not found (hint: set JAVA_HOME)
root@anuj-700-430qe:/usr/share/dse/bin#

What i am doing it wrong...i uninstalled Cassandra and re-installed it but
the same issue.

Please help

Re: Getting errors while starting DataStax Cassandra enterprise service

Posted by "anujacharya11 ." <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks it's working now
Infact it's needs to be setup in
/etc/dse/cassandra/cassandra-env.sh

Posted by Andrew <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "anujacharya11 ." <an...@gmail.com>.
root@anuj-700-430qe:/usr/share/dse/bin# echo $JAVA_HOME

*/jdk1.8.0_25*

*which is the installation folder for jdk1.8.x(Sun/Oracle JDK)*

*and $JAVA_HOME/bin is also added to the path.*

Posted by Jacob Rhoden <ja...@me.com>.
What does this show?

  ls $JAVA_HOME