Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2005/11/08 23:23:44 UTC

Bug within SourceTypeAction: lib/xml-forrest-components.jar lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar

Hi

Josias told me recently that he has fixed a bug within the SourceTypeAction.

I would like to change this but it requires the following changes:

M      src/webapp/lenya/pubs/blog/parameter-doctype.xmap
M      src/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/parameter-doctype.xmap
X      src/webapp/lenya/resources/bxeng
X      src/webapp/lenya/resources/kupu
?      lib/xml-forrest-lcr325895.jar
!      lib/xml-forrest-components.jar
!      lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar

First of all everywhere the SourceTypeAction needs to be replaced as
follows:

-      <map:action logger="sitemap.action.sourcetype" name="sourcetype"
src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction">
+      <map:action logger="sitemap.action.sourcetype" name="sourcetype"
src="org.apache.forrest.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction">

and second the xml-forrest libraries need to be replaced, but I am not
sure if lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar
is actually needed for something within Lenya?!

If I do the above changes then all seems to be fine, but maybe I am
missing something.

Anyone knows what the xml-forrest libraries are good for, except for the
buggy SourceTypeAction?

Thanks

Michi

Re: Bug within SourceTypeAction: lib/xml-forrest-components.jar lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mar, 08-11-2005 a las 23:23 +0100, Michael Wechner escribió:
> Hi
>
> Josias told me recently that he has fixed a bug within the SourceTypeAction.

Yeah, thx again Josias.

> I would like to change this but it requires the following changes:

You want to update lenya to a recent version of xml-forrest.jar?
+1

> M      src/webapp/lenya/pubs/blog/parameter-doctype.xmap
> M      src/webapp/lenya/pubs/default/parameter-doctype.xmap
> X      src/webapp/lenya/resources/bxeng
> X      src/webapp/lenya/resources/kupu
> ?      lib/xml-forrest-lcr325895.jar
> !      lib/xml-forrest-components.jar
> !      lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar
>

> First of all everywhere the SourceTypeAction needs to be replaced as
> follows:
>
> -      <map:action logger="sitemap.action.sourcetype" name="sourcetype"
> src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction">
> +      <map:action logger="sitemap.action.sourcetype" name="sourcetype"
> src="org.apache.forrest.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction">
>
> and second the xml-forrest libraries need to be replaced, but I am not
> sure if lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar
> is actually needed for something within Lenya?!

If it is needed then bad luck because AFAIK forrest do not provide this
scratchpad.jar anymore since 0.6/0.7.

> If I do the above changes then all seems to be fine, but maybe I am
> missing something.

No, looks good.

> Anyone knows what the xml-forrest libraries are good for, except for the
> buggy SourceTypeAction?

Hmm, we should not flame other for bugs looking on 1.4.x ;-)

Another interesting feature is the locationmap and ATM I am refactoring
forrest:views to POJO and afterward want to use it in lenya.

salu2

> Thanks
>
> Michi

thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Bug within SourceTypeAction: lib/xml-forrest-components.jar lib/xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Josias Thoeny wrote:

>>>Yeah, and deprecate the usage.
>>>+1
>>>

>>done
>>

>thanks.
>

>>Please let me know if problems occur.
>>

>Just noticed that xml-forrest-components.jar contains:
>org/apache/cocoon/acting/sourcetype/SourceTypeAction.class
>
>and xml-forrest-scratchpad.jar contains:
>org/apache/forrest/components/sourcetype/SourceTypeAction.class
>
>It looks like some publications actually use
>org.apache.forrest.components.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction.
>These pubs are now not working anymore...
>
>Anybody knows why this action comes in two different jars?

no. But I would argue that since the SourceTypeAction had a bug it rectifies
to force people to upgrade, which actually would mean that the "Cocoon"
SourceTypeAction
I have added for backwards compatibility issues is also not necessary.
But it's there now ;-)

Michi

Posted by Josias Thoeny <jo...@wyona.com>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>This would have to be changed in every publication, so it breaks
>>backwards-compatibility...
>>Maybe we could add a dummy class
>>org.apache.cocoon.acting.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction to Lenya which
>>extends org.apache.forrest.sourcetype.SourceTypeAction.
>>Would that make sense (I'm not sure)?
>>

>Yeah, and deprecate the usage.
>+1

done