Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/21 16:23:14 UTC

StringColumnVTI.java is 0 bytes long?

For some reason, in my Subversion sandbox, there is a 0-length file named

java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/StringColumnVTI.java

Do other people have a file like this in their system?

The only visible behavior of this 0 length file in my system is that Ant always
tries to compile it, even though there is no source there to compile. So

	ant all; ant all

always finds something to do on that second pass; namely, to try to compile
that one 0-length file.

It looks like this file was perhaps intended to be deleted, but
was instead replaced by a 0-length file, in change 1043122

Am I reading the revision history correctly?

Would it be correct to issue a 'svn del' on this file?

thanks,

bryan

Re: StringColumnVTI.java is 0 bytes long?

Posted by Kristian Waagan <kr...@oracle.com>.
On 21.02.2012 16:23, Bryan Pendleton wrote:
> For some reason, in my Subversion sandbox, there is a 0-length file named
>
> java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/tests/lang/StringColumnVTI.java
>

> Do other people have a file like this in their system?

Yes, I do.

> The only visible behavior of this 0 length file in my system is that Ant
> always
> tries to compile it, even though there is no source there to compile. So
>
> ant all; ant all
>
> always finds something to do on that second pass; namely, to try to compile
> that one 0-length file.
>
> It looks like this file was perhaps intended to be deleted, but
> was instead replaced by a 0-length file, in change 1043122
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1043122
>
> Am I reading the revision history correctly?
>
> Would it be correct to issue a 'svn del' on this file?

I'd say yes! +1

Kristian