Posted to juice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2005/10/20 23:05:02 UTC

*** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Folks,

Your report is well overdue, and were it not for the fact that the Board
pushed back their meeting by a week this month, the Incubator report would
have already been submitted, noting that yours had not been submitted.
Please get your report posted IMMEDIATELY.

The report is being accumulated at:
  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorBoardReport2005Q4

This is a quarterly obligation for all ASF projects, Incubator or otherwise.
It was announced to everyone weeks ago.  Please do not be late again.

Also, a number of projects have not updated their STATUS files.  Please do
so immediately.  If you do not know how, ask your Mentor.  If that doesn't
work, please notify the Incubator PMC.

	--- Noel

RE: *** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Noel, fix your stupid script.  You just spammed multiple public and
> private mailing lists.

I e-mailed only those projects that are late, and their sponsoring PMCs.

The first notices were not cross-posted.  I dislike cross-posting.  I would
dearly love to post to general@i.a.o only, and expect everyone to have their
act together.  I did just that, and gave everyone since October 3rd to post
their reports.

On Thursday, when the report is already overdue except for the Board moving
their own date, which few projects would know, and I have to get the report
done, I am more concerned with performance than netiquette.

Suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
> Your report is well overdue, and were it not for the fact that the
> Board
> pushed back their meeting by a week this month,

Which, of course, I was aware of and ignored the premature request
for a report because I wanted to wait for something interesting.

Noel, fix your stupid script.  You just spammed multiple public and
private mailing lists.

....Roy

Re: *** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 10/21/05, Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org> wrote:
> Let's see:
> - Developed minor Roller 1.3 release and voted to release it

Let's add that we intend to be releasing through the ASF. The board
will probably ask either.

> - Developed major Roller 2.0 release with group blogging an new UI
> - Added new committer Elias Torres
>
> Anything else happen since the last report?

Now have an entry on the incubator site. Not mentioning it cause I did
it, it's something that's important to incubation and if people had
noticed that we weren't there before mentioning this will dispell any
unhappiness.

Otherwise, I'm +1 for you to go ahead and add this to the wiki.

> Do we have numbers for the number of subscribers to the user and dev
> mailing lists?

Give me a little bit and I'll add them to the wiki. Moderators can get
a list of subscribers for each list.

Hen

Re: *** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Posted by Dave Johnson <da...@rollerweblogger.org>.
Let's see:
- Developed minor Roller 1.3 release and voted to release it
- Developed major Roller 2.0 release with group blogging an new UI
- Added new committer Elias Torres

Anything else happen since the last report?

Do we have numbers for the number of subscribers to the user and dev
mailing lists?

- Dave

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
I'll be getting this in tomorrow. (I delayed this because I knew the
board meeting had been shifted by a week)

I'll post to dev list for comment and review before submitting.

geir

geirm@apache.org

RE: *** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
David,

> Just that i don't like to break stuff if possible.
> Perhaps i should be more ruthless.

It was breaking your ability to update our site.  I decided to be ruthless,
in a harmless manner.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Looks like three people fixed it at the same time. I did
>
>   mv ftpserver ~ ; svn up

Hah, i was inside that directory when you moved it.
I got alarmed until i realised.

> and then someone did something else, so I did svn up again
> to pick up whatever they did. ;-)
>
> >I was just now in the process of copying their extra
> >images back to here and committing them - will continue
> >with that.
>
> Why?  The person who submitted the images needs to commit them.

Just that i don't like to break stuff if possible.
Perhaps i should be more ruthless.

-David

Re: *** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Yep this was done a while ago. See my other message yesterday
> >Someone from ftpserver is holding up the last phase of the
> >publishing process, we cannot do 'svn up' on the server.
>
> The general rule is that if it breaks the build, exclude
> it or remove it.  I'll fix it (one way or the other).

My approach was to advise the ftpserver people that
something was wrong, give some clues, and hope that
they would fix it. The other approach is to spend
some more of my own time to fix it. Not sustainable.

Now comes Roy and spends his time too, efficiently
doing rm -rf; svn up

I was just now in the process of copying their extra
images back to here and committing them - will continue
with that.

Double waste of time :-(

Yes it is worth the time taken to write this email.
Hopefully some others will learn from the time spent.

-David

Re: *** URGENT: Provide your Board Report *NOW* ***

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.

Re: Fixing site problems

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Again, if someone would please explain to the ftpserver project about how
> they
> should be managing their site, that'd be great.

I will do that, and update the incubator website docs.
Perhaps it is confusing.

-David

Re: Fixing site problems

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Oct 20, 2005, at 5:05 PM, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Again, if someone would please explain to the ftpserver project about
> how
> they
> should be managing their site, that'd be great.

While they are at it, please explain the incubator disclaimer
and release policies as well.

    http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/download.html

....Roy

RE: Fixing site problems

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
David and Roy,

Actually, I did a mv of their entire site directory, so who knows which of
us did what first.  :-)

And I just moved their SVN structure out from site-publish, so it should be
entirely out of your way.  They can do whatever they want with it now, but
they should keep it under their own repository area.

Did an svn switch to the location where I put it, just to be nice.

	--- Noel

RE: Fixing site problems

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I'll fix it after dinner by forcibly moving it where it belongs.

Done.  The URL is http://incubator.apache.org/ftpserver/, as it should be,
and the local directory is /www/incubator.apcahe.org/ftpserver.

HOWEVER, I have not yet moved the project's directory sources.  They are
under site-publish/projects/ftpserver, and that whole directory needs to be
moved up several levels, so that it is no longer part of the Incubator's own
site.  Will do that shortly.

Fixing site problems

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
David,

> Someone from ftpserver is holding up the last phase of the
> publishing process, we cannot do 'svn up' on the server.

Sorry, I didn't realize that it was a hard block.  I'll fix it after dinner
by forcibly moving it where it belongs.

If someone would please explain to the ftpserver project about how they
should be managing their site, that'd be great.  See Rana's message in
"ftpserver has broken svn directory on webserver" this morning.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Martin,

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
[...]
> Also, a number of projects have not updated their STATUS files.  Please do
> so immediately.  If you do not know how, ask your Mentor.  If that doesn't
> work, please notify the Incubator PMC.

Am I correct in assuming that the STATUS file is the same as the
status Web page? If not, could you please explain the relationship
between the two? See the post below for some details:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/200507.mbox/%3c42E90F57.2090302@roguewave.com%3e

Also, I updated the stdcxx status page last week with the change
below but I don't believe I have permissions to update the site:
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/stdcxx.html?rev=315083&view=log

Thanks
Martin