Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Yaron Avital <ya...@diffdoof.com> on 2008/07/22 11:27:48 UTC

OpenSocial Questions

Hi All,

After reading the materials at
http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.8/reference/

I've got some OpenSocial questions and I hope this is the appropriate place
to ask them,

1.       At Entity "Activity" what are fields:  stream_source_url,
stream_title, stream_url, url,  used for?

2.       What's the purpose of IdSpec? What is group_id?

3.       School is considered to be an "Organization" object, but some of
the fields at Organization are not really related such as
"Organization.Salary"

If someone can direct me to a more detailed documentation about OpenSocial
I'll be overjoyed.

Thanks in advance,

Yaron Avital

Re: OpenSocial Questions

Posted by Cassie <do...@apache.org>.
Hey Yaron -

So Shindig is for implementing the OpenSocial apis.. as opposed to
consuming them, which is what you are doing. For gadget writers, the
opensocial-resources project is probably the best place to start:
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-resources/

That site has a lot of information and also links to developer forums
where you can get further information.
Have fun!

- Cassie