Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Xander <xt...@ap400.nl> on 2007/06/20 14:21:19 UTC

How should i research a Nullpointer exception which is generated by maven.

Hello,

I'm working on a average complex maven project for some months now.
Currently i can't get maven to compile the project anymore. The error is a
NullpointerException, which doesn't give me much information. To find if
anyone had the same problem as I search a couple of forums and websites but
didn't help me much. I want to know what goes wrong. and be able to solve it
myself... I hope anyone can explain me how to lookup this problem myself.

This involves several plugins but neither of them is made by me.

thanx in advance...

Xander

http://www.nabble.com/file/p11212188/log.txt lMaven output

Re: How should i research a Nullpointer exception which is generated by maven.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The first step is to run mvn with either --errors or --debug
parameters. When run with those parameters, Maven will provide a lot
more information on what is going on while it is running.

Wayne