Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2007/03/07 09:35:59 UTC

Re: /update performance testing (GsoC project?)

On 3/7/07, Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Nothing that I know of, but I've been considering writing a python
> script to hammer Solr with multiple threads to check for concurrency
> issues.  Something to check for performance would be nice as well...

FWIW, I've used JMeter [1] to create stress tests in some projects and
found it simple to use and powerful.

Creating more (performance and/or functional) tests for Solr might be
a good student project for the Google Summer Of Code
(http://code.google.com/soc/). Other commitments won't allow me to be
a mentor this year, but if others could do it it'd be cool IMHO.

-Bertrand

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/