Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Ishada <ab...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/17 10:13:36 UTC

catch exception in camel

errorHandler(deadLetterChannel("file:somelocation");

            from("jms:queuwlocation").to(
                    "file:someLocation");

I have read that camel error handling comes when there's a processing
between two nodes, such as Processor, Predicate etc. But what if I cannot
consume the message, in my case the camel cannot connect to jms. How should
I log this exception ?. As I am trying to use a deadLetterChannel to send
the message to filesystem, but since I have not received the message there
is nothing new on the file location. how should I encounter this type of
situation?

Re: catch exception in camel

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
You reported this on stackoverflow. Please provide your code to help you out
more and what errors you get.

Re: catch exception in camel

Posted by Antonin Stefanutti <an...@stefanutti.fr>.
The component would generally do the logging for you while trying to recover from the error.

As for the JMS component specifically, it exposes a couple of options to configure error handling that you can use, namely:

exceptionListener, errorHandler, errorHandlerLoggingLevel, errorHandlerLogStackTrace

You can configure as well the interval between to recovery attempt with the 'recoveryInterval' option.

See http://camel.apache.org/jms.html#JMS-Alltheotheroptions