Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2014/02/17 19:42:21 UTC

Apache License translations in different languages.

Hi all,

A lawyer and friend of mine who contributes a significant amount of time to
OS in Turkey has translated several licenses to Turkish: one of them being
the Apache License 2.0. I don't understand much about legal matters and
almost nothing about how Turkish law works. However I did understand that
he had the original English translated by a special notary service so it
would be applicable in Turkish courts.

I wanted to make note of it here in case it had some value to our
contributors in Turkey:

    http://ozgurlisanslar.org.tr/apache/

This got me thinking, as the originator of the ASL, it might good for us to
at least provide links to ASL translations on our website. Maybe that's not
in our scope and y'all know best. It might actually create confusion of
it's not a proper translation too: verification of correctness would be a
very difficult endeavor to undertake. Regardless, I thought I'd offer the
link in any case and put the idea out there.

--
Cheers,
-- Alex